Texas Jazz & Blues Camp welcomes students beginner through advanced, ages 13 through adults.
Last two summers, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our experienced and clever faculty and staff developed a popular and engaging virtual masterclasses. For 2022 summer, we are moving forward with live camp programs. This provides a flexible way for everyone to experience TJBC.
Texas Jazz & Blues Camp is currently scheduled for 1 week
* exact date will be announced early 2022
Texas Jazz & Blues Camp is a high-quality, exciting, entertaining and engaging jazz program with lots of playing, listening, and interaction between staff and students.
Here is what you can expect:
• Over 20+ Hours of interactive, engaging instruction each week from our top faculty members
• Online theory assessments, specialized practice routines from faculty members for all levels
• 2 weekly concerts streamed live and artist talks for you and your family to enjoy
• 2 Pre-Recorded Webinars on unique topics from various faculty members.
• Classes include Daily Theory, Jazz History, Masterclasses, Beginning Transcription/Listening classes.**
• A weekly camp-wide masterclass from Music Director Don Braden
• Q & A to end each session
• Opportunities for campers to interact and collaborate